First Ohio YAL Conference!
When: Jan 22nd, 2011, 9:00am-5:00pm
Where: Ohio Union, The Ohio State University, Parking
Cost: FREE and lunch will be provided
"All men are, by nature, free and independent, and have certain inalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and seeking and obtaining happiness and safety." - The Ohio Constitution 1851
It is time for Young American for Liberty chapters across the state to come together and set the agenda for 2011.
To accomplish this goal, we will be holding the first ever Ohio YAL Conference!
All young freedom fighters in Ohio (15-39 years old) are invited to attend the morning training sessions. The afternoon sessions are open to all and begin at 1:15pm.
The event is FREE and lunch and snacks will be provided.
The day will be split into 2 sessions:
The morning will consist of political training
The afternoon will focus on Ohio politics
*** There has been a time change due to a problem with our room reservation. We're asking people to arrive around 9:00am, but we won't start sessions until 9:15am***
We are announcing are first 2 speakers for the Ohio YAL Conference this week!
1) Maurice Thompson - Director of the 1851 Center for Constitutional Law. Judge Andrew Napolitano called him "A local hero, if there ever was one". He successfully took ACORN to court and got them kicked out of Ohio. His help has been invaluable to liberty proponents inOhio.
2) Jack Hunter (The Southern Avenger) - Radio host and political commentator, Jack is one of the few voices of true small government conservatism in the media. He often fills in for Mike Church on Sirius radio and is a frequent guest on The Savage Nation with Michael Savage.
3) Jim Babka - Born in Cleveland, Jim attended the University of Akron for political science. He has been a national political activist for nearly 2 decades. Jim is a former radio host and author, but it most well known as being a co-founder and the current president of Downsize DC. In his words, Downsize DC "is an organization that makes it easy for every day citizens, with jobs and busy lives, to express their wishes to their two Senators and Representative. It's free and quite easy to use. The DownsizeDC.org system combines education, recruitment, and activism into one simple, seamless process."
4) Chris Littleton - Chris is the president of the Cincinnati Tea Party and a founding member of the Ohio Liberty Council. He has appeared on numerous news programs and is very active in Ohio politics.
5) Joe Bozzi - Joe is one of the co-founders of the Ohio Freedom Alliance. He graduated with a bachelor’s degree in economics from the College of the Holy Cross, where he had studied under the Austrian Economist Professor Walter Block. He played a major role in both Ron Paul's 2008 presidential campaign in Ohio and the development of the YAL chapter at Ohio State.
There will also be a Liberty Social after the conference. If you are interested in spending the night in Columbus, let us know and we'll find a place for you to stay.
This is our chance to pool our resources across the state and have an immediate impact on local politics. Don't miss your chance to get involved and help shape the future of the state!
Please RSVP on Facebook below,
Check back for updates!